Monday 1 September 2008

Song Nouveau

As I write, there is a new song being uploaded to my ReverbNation page........
Ah, its done! Yes, my new piece, 'Space Age S**t', is so named because it sounds vaguely like 'space music' (think of modern Sun Ra) and also because it was one of my university friend's favourite phrases to refer to things we didn't understand. No doubt he would use that exact phrase to describe this song if he heard it!



Steven%20Jouanny
Quantcast

The tune widget below should be able to play this new, weird and wonderful song. It uses basic sawtooth/square/sine waves and if you really listen to it there's some nice counterpoint going on. Ok, so that is stretching the definition of counterpoint light years beyond what Bach thought it to be, but even so, I'll be damned if this ain't part of the Western music tradition. Yeah right.

No comments: